Today is my dad’s birthday.
His name is Storm. Yes, like thunder. And he doesn’t have a middle name, only a middle initial; “L”.
Pretty awesome setup, huh?
You probably guessed it by now – he is, in fact, just as kicka$$ as you’d assume.
So in honor of this old man growing even older… here’s ten things I should be thanking him for every day.
- The obvious: THANK YOU YOU FOR GIVING ME LIFE.
- Thank you for allowing me to make my own mistakes (sometimes a handful of times… okay, maybe a few billion times) but never giving up on me.
- Thank you for showing me how to properly prank someone and how to toe that line flawlessly between actually making someone mad and keeping it fun.
- Thank you for teaching me the importance of laughter.
- Thank you for teaching me the importance of an oil change.
- Thank you for giving me the tools to relate to others and to leave everyone feeling better than when you found them.
- Thank you for making the world’s best beef jerky and chili.
- Thank you for helping me cover up that party I threw the time you and mom left for a week so she wouldn’t find out and murder me on the spot.
- Thank you sharing a mutual obsession with Hootie and the Blowfish.
- Thank you for an unparalleled example of how to be the hardest working person in the room.
Send your pops some love today. And maybe proof of your most recent oil change.